Monday, May 11, 2015

Mommytalk Monday

Hi friends!

I want to start off by thanking all of you who read my last post about my sweet Alexander Nolan. Thank you for the sweet comments and thoughtful prayers and calls. Thank you for seeing his beauty instead of his flaws. And thank you for sharing my story with others. I received several messages last week about how much his life and our experience has helped with whatever they are going through and it means the world to me to know that his short life has had an impact! So, thank you again!

I will be posting each Monday in a series called Mommytalk Monday. I'll be sharing about all things mommyhood - challenges, funny stories, baby milestones, body after baby, life with a baby, etc. I can't wait to share stories with you and connect with other moms so please comment and let me know if you can relate to what I'm sharing!

Today I wanted to share about my very first mother's day!

I was so excited (and lucky) to spend mother's day with my mother and grandmother who drove down from Warner Robins to spend the morning with us and see little Sam get dedicated at church. It was such a great morning and meant the world to me to have them there. Dedicating Sam was the perfect start to my mother's day. I love what the ceremony represents and love knowing that we have such a great support system to help us raise Sam and help him develop a faith of his own and his own relationship with Jesus Christ.

After church we joined Chase's family for a late lunch at Olive Garden which is always delicious (hello stuffed mushrooms!) and always super filling. We always pig out on bread sticks, appetizers, and soup before our meal gets there so it's a great way to have leftovers for dinner. Anyone else order way too much food when they go out to eat?

Thankfully, Chase did not have an afternoon soccer game so we were able to enjoy a family nap! Seriously, the best new tradition we have started as a family is joint nap time on Sundays before small group. Sleep is such a valuable commodity, and sleeping in the same bed does not happen nearly enough now that we are up and down so much at night. We really have come to love getting our family nap in together on Sundays as a way to recharge our batteries together.

We attended small group later that night like we do almost every Sunday and that is always such a blessing and great start to our week. We love our community group so much and am so thankful for their friendships!

Chase was super husband like always and treated me so kindly on Mother's Day. He bought me chocolate covered strawberries, a beautiful necklace, an Origami Owl bracelet, and gave me a back massage! He surely knows how to treat a girl right!

I'd love to hear how you spent your Mother's Day! Or your favorite Mother's Day memory!

- Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment