Thursday, April 11, 2013

and i was like b.b., b.b., b.b., cream

Ok, so that title was lame, but being a BzzAgent definitely is not. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I am a BzzAgent, which means that I get to sample great products, and then write some reviews and spark conversation about the different products. It really is so much fun for me. Partially because I really like to talk and share my thoughts, but also because free things are really awesome. 

Recently, I participated in a bzz campaign for Garnier's Miracle Skin Perfector Oil-Free B.B. Cream. I was very excited to receive the invite to this campaign and get to try out a b.b. cream for longer than a day.--The only other time I've even had b.b. cream on my face was when I put it there myself at an Ulta trying to pretend like I could afford to buy a $60 face cream. 

Here's the scoop, this b.b. cream goes on very smoothly -- much more like a liquid than a cream -- and blends well into my skin. I've read some other reviews and some people really don't like the consistency, but I think it's easier to blend. I love that it leaves no residue, except a little extra product on my fingers, and controls shine -- definitely no oily or greasy feeling. It covers well and gets your skin and even tone. SPF 20! Definitely one of the biggest benefits of this product. I'm always trying to find ways to incorporate sun protection into my daily regimen and this makes it so easy to not have to layer sunscreen, foundation, and concealer. 

Pretty much the only thing I didn't like about this was that even though the packaging says light/medium, it was definitely too dark for my skin. Maybe I need a fair/light or a very light. Regardless, this is the lightest shade that Garnier has so I'm out of luck on that one. I've been blending it in lightly then using my foundation and powder in areas on top of it to even out the color so I don't end up looking orange. 

I did notice some surprising information on the back of the b.b. cream bottle. Even though the packaging shows that this product -controls shine - minimizes pores - evens -and hydrates, the purpose, as stated on the back on the actual product, is sunscreen. It states the use is to help prevent sunscreen, and it goes on to give directions on how to apply -- liberally 15 minutes before sun exposure, reapply at least every 2 hours, and to use a water resistant sunscreen if swimming or sweating. 

Is this really just an awesome SPF 20 tinted sunscreen?? If so, it's pretty great, and if you have skin that is any darker than Casper, then you should try this b.b. cream. It retails for around 13 dollars and it definitely worth it. 


-Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment