Monday, April 8, 2013

and now it's time for Weekend Update...(sorry this doesn't star Seth Myers)

Hello everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful and relaxing weekend! I am trying to get back in the swing of things from a fantastic Spring Break full of house cleaning -- a much needed chore when you work two jobs -- napping --also much needed -- organizing, some traveling, and spending time with my family. It was such a great week(end) and I have so much to share -- so I apologize for not being sorry about this super long post.  

On Saturday, April 6th at 6:09 p.m. my sister Brittney and her husband, Lee, welcomed their sweet baby girl, Aubrey Noelle Watson, into the world. While I didn't get to see the main event -- one which I'm sure would have both scarred me as well as been one of the sweetest moments of my life -- I did get my hands on my sweet niece as soon as I could. She is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. I am so in love.  Unbelievable




Ah, I could stare at her all day. 

Another great part of my week(end) was getting to spend time with my grandma, Leola. We're extremely close. In the we have to talk everyday, text during our favorite tv shows (PLL and Once Upon a Time), and go shopping with. She's fabulous. I was saving up my Victoria Secret reward for when I would get to go shopping with her -- you know, so we could spend some money, without actually spending money. 

So, I got this VS secret reward after buying a glorious, yet pricey, bra. The bra was a regular $49.50, but I had a coupon for $10 off a bra (as well as 2 free pairs of panties -- I should document my underwear drawer seeing as how I haven't paid for a single pair of panties in over a year, but that will be another post when I have more confidence in showing my underwear to the world). So, the price of the bra went $49.50 to $39.50, but I also had a VS gift card saved up from Christmas since I wasn't ready to spend it yet. Bringing the cost down to $14.50 -- a much better price, plus, I got a VS secret reward worth at least $10! Gotta love those deals.

I never know what to buy with my VS secret rewards seeing as how the reward amount is a secret until you check out. They are always worth at least ten dollars, but could be worth more. The first VS I ever received was worth $100. It was like payday and Christmas all in one. This time around, my VS secret reward was worth only $10, but I got some great products for only $2. 

When it comes to mascara, I want my lashes big and plump, and this Epic Lash mascara is a serious godsend. One swipe with this mascara and your lashes will be long and luscious for hours. I have a feeling this tub will last me quite a while. I put it on this morning around 7:30 and it was still flake free and holding strong at 6:30 tonight while the rest of my makeup had well worn off -- see below. Also, the Glossy Tint lip sheen goes on nice and smooth, and is a perfect spring pink that I've been looking for. 
Happy Monday! -- Muah! 


-Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment