Sunday, April 14, 2013

Coupon crazies and fabulous finds

Happy Sunday everyone!

I never know if Sunday is really an end to the week or the beginning of a new week. I usually think of Mondays as the start of a week because that's when school starts, but Mondays also tend to be terrible (sorry Mondays, it's true. No one likes you). But maybe, if I start to think of Sunday as the beginning of my week, Mondays won't be so bad after all...Just a thought.

I'll start off this week by telling you about the end of last week. Also, I know I've shared a lot of these pictures/information on twitter/facebook but I think it's necessary to tell even more about them here. I'll try not to post many repetitions but I just get so excited I can't help it! 

As the title of this post suggests, I used a lot of coupons for some great things this weekend! Seriously, take a peek. 

And that isn't even all of the coupons I used yesterday. Insane, I know. 

Here's the rundown on all of the goodies, deals, and steals.

Sephora - free birthday gift for being a Sephora Beauty Insider. This program works like a typical reward program - for every point you spend in Sephora, you get a point. Your points add up and you can choose free gifts. The birthday gift doesn't require any points -- which is good because I haven't spent a dime in Sephora probably in years-- just show them your BeautyInsider card or give them your email address. You can sign up to be a Sephora Beauty Insider here.

Old Navy - emerald sun glasses and ruby red teardrop earrings. I bought these beauties using a store merchandise credit I received when I returned a pair of jeans that I bought a size too small about six months ago as a incentive to lose weight and fit into them -- now you all know how that endeavor went. Needless to say, I got tired of seeing those jeans in my closet not being worn, so I returned them for something I would use, and now I'm 0 pounds lighter, but 2 items happier and I think that's a pretty great thing.

Loft - 3 words. Mint. Lace. Shorts. Favorite purchase of the weekend (also favorite shorts purchase ever). I am in love with these shorts. I am not usually a shorts kind of girl, even in the summer, because my skin is very pale fair and I'm not completely thrilled with my thighs -- but as you learned from my returning the size too small jeans, I don't care all that much about changing how my thighs look. Most shorts are either too short in the inseam, too small around the thigh, or too tight around the waist. It has been a very rare thing if I have found a pair of shorts that fits in all areas, but, alas, I have found some! 

These shorts are regularly priced at $54.50, but I had a coupon for 25% off and a $20 Loft Reward. So I got these beautiful, perfect fitting shorts for around $24. Even though it isn't a dirt cheap price, these shorts are a dream. I'm learning that sometimes you have to spend a little extra for things that are of better quality and built to last. Would you rather spend $24 on a fabulous pair of shorts, or get two pairs of at-least-they're-not-jeans-and-will-keep-me-somewhat-cool-in-this-ridiculous-georgia-summer-heat shorts? Does anyone else agree?

Saturday also marked six incredible months of marriage to my hunky husband. We celebrated by getting Moe's for lunch -- with a free cup of queso from joining moe's e-world, which you can also do here-- and getting delicious Smoothie King smoothies at buy one get one free -- also by joining their online subscription which you can do here -- and later going downtown with some friends. Can't wait for the next six months and the next after that and after that and after that, until we both die together in our sleep holding hands like in The Notebook -- except I won't have Alzheimer's because that's just too sad. Ah, love you baby.

Hope you all have a great remainder of your week -- as today is officially the beginning of the week and all that.

-Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment