Sunday, January 4, 2015

December Birchbox Review

December was a fabulous month for Birchbox! I absolutely adored the packaging of my box and all of the products I received.

1. Davines Replumping Superactive - This product was a great one to have included in my box, because I also got to sample the Davines Replumping Shampoo and Conditioner. I love when the entire line is provided so that you can get a good feel for the overall effect. Some people don't like receiving the small samples, because they generally only give you one, but I don't mind. It's also nice because you have 2 extra products to review and earn birchbox points for!

The Replumping Superactive is supposed to thicken fine hair and give your hair back that umph that everyone wants. Overall, I liked this product. I have normal to thick hair, but I could definitely tell a difference after using the shampoo, conditioner, and spray. My hair felt clean but definitely thicker and fuller. My only con with the product is the smell. To me, it was similar to citronella which was a little off putting, especially since other Davines products I've sampled have had floral and delicate scents.
Full size: $39.50 for Davines Replumping Superactive
$25.50 for the shampoo, and $25.50 for the conditioner.

2. Royal Apothic Cuppa Cuppa Firming Tea Treatment Mask - I love using masks on my face because I feel pampered, and they make my skin feel extra soft and clean. This clay mask is infused with a blend of exotic teas and is supposed to leave skin smoother, firmer and more radiant. This mask has a great smell (almost like an herbal tea) and the sample has already lasted me 3 uses and I've got a little under half of the package left. I love how it made my face feel and for a clay mask, it wasn't too drying. It also has some texture in the mask that gives your skin a nice exfoliating treatment. Full size $58.00

Hiding inside the cute little pocket were 3 amazing products.
3. English Laundry Signature for Her perfume - The description says that this scent was inspired by classic country gardens and that it melts top notes of rose geranium with a backdrop of woody spice and musky notes. After one spray of this sample, I was hooked. It smells so deliciously sweet and feminine, but it really reminded me of Britney Spear's Fantasy perfume that I used when I was in high school. Which is still a good thing for me, because I absolutely loved that perfume, but it can become overly sweet if  used too often.
Full size: $70.00 for 1.7 oz.

4. W3LL PEOPLE Bio Brightener Stick - This organic formula gives skin a soft and subtle glow and minimizes the appearance of imperfections, hydrates, and nourishes skin. This product came in a pot instead of the stick, but I think the effect is still the same, I just use my fingers to apply. I use this product mainly as a highlighter and love the effect it gives. It's not too shiny or shimmery and I like that there isn't any glitter effect to it. I also like that it is a natural product as I am trying to start using more of those. This sample will last me a while.
Full size: $33.00

5. Mirenesse Mattfinity Lip Rouge in Sydney - I am not big into wearing lip products, but I was excited to try this as it supposed to give a matte effect and be long lasting. The shade was perfect for Christmas and it was very easy to apply. I found it to be long lasting, definitely matte, and hydrating. Again, this sample is one that will last me a while so I don't think I'll be purchasing.
Full size: $29.00

Overall, I really liked my box this month and I got some great products that I will continue to use. I also appreciated the fact that I had 7 products in my box, which gave me 70 points ($7) to spend in the birchbox store making this box really only cost $3. You cannot beat that. If you aren't reviewing your products, you're crazy, and you need to do so!! Can't wait to see what comes in my January box!

- Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment