Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Monthly Dates with the Husband

I always struggle with what to get my husband for Christmas. Do you?

So, this year, I decided to get him something that would keep giving all year long and would include something important to both of us - spending time together. We both prefer experiences over material things, so planning monthly dates was something that seemed perfect.

I started with lots of research on pinterest on what some great date ideas would be, then got my envelopes together. I wrote poems for each of the month's gifts and bought some little things to go along with some of the dates. Here is the date for January. :) 



We love to go to a Rockets game once a year, but this year, the timing was just off, so I decided to bring the game to him. 

I started with the snacks. I love to get nachos, and he loves to have pretzel dogs. So I made both. YUM! 


The next step to this being an awesome date was the Rockets tumblers. Chase's brother and his family go to Houston every year for Christmas (so jealous). This year they were able to go to a Rockets game, so I conspired with them to buy some of the tumblers that they sell drinks in. Chase LOVED getting the tumblers as a gift since we don't have any that are for the Rockets. 



The game turned out to be not so great, but we had a fun time on our date :) Can't wait for February! 

- Courtney


No comments:

Post a Comment