Saturday, May 11, 2013

Box Weekend - Beauty Box

Hooray for box weekend! This weekend is turning out to be a beautiful one. Chase and I had dinner at his parents - grilled hamburgers, yum! - and then watched a free RedBox video thanks to one of the blogs I'm subscribed to - more to come on them later.

Onto box number two - Birchbox. 
I. Am. Obsessed. 

I had started following Birchbox on literally every social media outlet available a couple of weeks before my first box arrived and couldn't wait to see which of the month's featured products I would get to sample. One of the great things about Birchbox is that there are different product combinations that you could receive, so even though you may see products in the sneak peek videos posted on YouTube, it doesn't mean that you will necessarily receive that product. 

It's all about the suspense.  

The products are great sizes for samples, and they customize the samples in your box to fit your beauty profile - hair color/type, skin tone, fragrance preference, etc. And, one of my most favorite things about Birchbox is the price - only $10 a month. Such a small price to pay for such a great surprise each month - much better than that other monthly surprise we get every month...am I right, ladies? It is super easy to sign up for a Birchbox subscription, but you may have to wait up to 4 weeks [depending on when you submit your request for a subscription]  to receive your first box. I received my first of these monthly boxes in late April and was beyond excited.

For April, Birchbox paired up with Women's Health Magazine for the themed box "tiny tweaks, big results." Here's a peek at my box.

Whish Shave Cream in Blueberry  - They should really change the scent name to blueberry muffins, because it smelled like I'm eating one every time I shave my legs. This organic, shea butter, foam free shave cream is amazeballs. A pea size amount covers my entire leg and even after you rinse it off, the scent and feel stays on keeping your legs super smooth.

Ruby Wing nail polish in Peony  - Color changing nail polish. How cool?! I was really excited to try this, but I found that the polish was a little streaky and hard to put on evenly. I plan on buying some polish thinner and trying again, but I did really like the color and I would like to try other colors in the future. Here's a picture of the change from inside to outside. 


Supergoop SPF 35 CC Cream  - I liked that this cream has such a high SPF, but unfortunately, it was a little too dark for my ultra fair skin. I'll be passing this on to someone with a bit darker skin. 

No. 4 Non-aerosol Hairspray - This is seriously cool - vegan, paraben free, but my favorite thing about this is that it doesn't leave my hair feeling crunchy, and it smells like I'm walking into a Hollister store. It's almost a unisex type scent, which I'm strangely liking a lot right now.

Surprise #1 - Simple Revitalizing Eye Roll-On - This was a little extra gift this month and it is full size! I really liked receiving this in my box, but I won't be using it simply because I already use an under the eye concealer/moisturizer that I am in love with and I don't want to mix the two. 

Surprise #2 - Year subscription to Women's Health Magazine - Okay, seriously? This was a really awesome first box to receive! I chose not to receive the $9.99 rebate instead of the magazine subscription, so this month literally paid for itself. What up frugality?! -- [insert swag face here] 

As if you needed another reason to go ahead and subscribe, when you review products from your box on birchbox.com, you earn 10 points per review. For every 100 points, you earn $10 to spend on full size products. No gimmicks, no minimum purchase, just money. And for each dollar you spend, you earn a point. I dare you to show me a beauty subscription box that I could love more. 

Do you love Birchbox as much as I do? Have you tried this subscription before? Let me know what you think in the comments below. 

- Courtney




No comments:

Post a Comment