Friday, May 10, 2013

It's a [gift] in a box -- oooh, a [gift] in a box babay

Chase helped me come up with that post title, you can thank him for that witty Justin Timberlake and Andy Samberg title later. Hahaha

So, if you follow me on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram, or have talked to me in person anytime in the last month or so, you will know just how excited I have been about all of the different options for monthly box subscriptions! One day I just got on my computer and began researching -- ahem, watching an endless amount of youtube videos -- and found so many interesting products that I wish I had the budget to try. 

Join me this weekend as I review 3 different monthly box subscriptions starting with one for man's best friend. -- BarkBox.


I decided to give BarkBox a try after seeing an ad for it on Facebook -- risky, I know, but as soon as I went to their website, I was hooked. Cute fonts, adorable puppy clip art, and great reviews from BarkBox customers. Here's how it works - Pick your puppy size, choose your plan (monthly, 3 months, or 6 months), then pay. So simple. I loved that the products are based around your dog's size, there are products that benefit pets as well as their pet owners, and 10% of profits go to shelters, rescue, and animal welfare organizations.

Here's a peek at what Chandler got in his box this past month. 

Etta Says Duck Jerky  - This jerky is made with the highest quality, USA sourced duck. They're all natural - no fillers, coloring, preservatives, grain, gluten, or by-products. I was a little hesitant about introducing these to Chandler, but he ate them ridiculously fast. Our boy loves duck!

ABO Gear GroomMitt - Handy for times when your dog could use a bath, but you don't feel like dragging him to the sink, or in our case, tub. It came with 10 XL GroomMitts, and they smell fresh and clean. Chandler's coat was nice and shiny after using these.

Multipet Rope Toy - This toy is very thick! We have held off on introducing Chandler to this rope toy because he is still in the recovery stages of his knee surgery, and we knew that he would love it so much and might get a little out of hand playing. I think when we finally give it to him, he won't put it down or stop playing with it.

Barkworthies - This stuffed chin is filled with brown rice and ground bully sticks. Seriously, this is one beast of a bone. Chandler was a little hesitant at first about chewing on it since he's never really had a real bone, but he can't get enough of it. It has lasted for over two weeks and there's still about 60% of the bone left. I would definitely recommend these bones!

This BarkBox also had some samples of Licks joint and heart supplement (we're holding off on that until after recovery), and an Etta Says Crunchy Duck Chew which Chandler, of course, destroyed.

I can't wait to see what other goodies will be in May's BarkBox. If you're interested in getting BarkBox for your dog, use this code to get $5 off! https://barkbox.com/r/sznnRedoVL/

If you've used BarkBox or other pet monthly box subscriptions, let me know what you thought of them in the comments!

- Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment