Wednesday, June 19, 2013

June Birchbox: Wanderlust

It will officially be the start summer on Friday, but it sure feels like it is already summer here in Savannah. It is hot. And humid. And quite miserable if you are spending much time outside without shade or a pool. I am two weeks into summer camp and it is going better than I thought. One of the kiddos asked me where I was going on summer vacation. I just looked at her and replied, "Well, you're looking at it." 

As I look at all of my friends' photos on Instagram and facebook of their summer vacations and trips with friends and family, I am feeling quite envious, but luckily I have birchbox to the rescue! This month, their theme is Wanderlust. And for this month, they are celebrating the addition of two new Birchbox locations for a total of 4 worldwide - New York, London, Paris, and Barcelona. Also, this month, Birchbox is featuring their first ever global sample of one of four Color Club nail polishes named for each of their locations - Mod in Manhattan, Reign in Spain, Pardon My French, and London Calling (featured below).


I get so excited when the beginning of the month comes because I know that means new Birchbox sneak peeks, videos, articles, and of course a new box (or in my case, two). This is probably the best birchbox I've had to date and they just keep getting better. Here's what I got in my first box.

Classic Face SPF 30 Cucumber Moisturizer for Face by Coola - I received this sample in my May box and loved it. It smells amazing, protects your skin, and is the perfect size to bring along with I need a little extra sunscreen at the pool. 

Lil' Lip Duo by LAQA&Co - When I first saw this lipstick I was a little nervous. I mean, it is bright. I decided to test it out at our school's end of the year party and absolutely loved it. It is perfect for those care free and spontaneous summer nights. 

Wanderlust Collection Nailpolish in London Calling by Birchbox & Color Club - I love this neon pastel pistachio color. Two coats is all you need for a fun summer mani or pedi. 

Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser by Suki - This two-in-one cleanser and exfoliator lathers up like no exfoliator I have ever used before. Not only does it smell perfectly lemony (think lemon meringue) but it also leaves my skin perfectly clean, smooth, and moisturized. I've already used this sample three times and still have over half of the sample to go. 

Nourishing Body Cream in Vanilla Bean and Coconut by 100% Pure - These all-natural body lotions are made with skin-softening fruit oils and leave your skin feeling soft and moisturized, by not greasy or oily in the least. The vanilla bean scent was a little too bland for me, but the coconut lotion was perfectly scented to beach perfection. I used this sample up in one day - I just couldn't get enough of the coconut!

I also received these four adorable postcards in honor of Birchbox' four locations. Can't wait to send some of these out to all my globe traveling friends. 

My second June box is set to come in any day now and I can't wait. My mom and grandma have both joined Birchbox and so has one of my good friends from college. I know I talk about Birchbox a lot, but I seriously just can't get enough.

Happy Summer!
-Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment